“Knowing runs deeper than having information… We should orient our research in AI in a direction that promotes the creative freedom of human beings.”
– Dr. Marco Schorlemmer
Why are AI systems so successful and widespread? How can we harness their potential to enhance human creativity and freedom? Is AI going to be our future saviour, or will it ultimately cause our extinction? Dr. Marco Schorlemmer explored these questions in our latest Science & Wisdom LIVE talk:
THE ETHICS OF AI: A HUMANIST PERSPECTIVE
– Intro by Scott Snibbe
– Deep Learning and Neural Networks
– Will AI systems replace human expertise?
– Intelligence in Western thought: from Aristotle to AI
– “Intelligent” machines: number-crunching or information processing?
– The multidimensional nature of human intelligence
– Harnessing the potential of AI in the age of information
– Beyond information processing: embracing our creative freedom
– The contemplative core of scientific inquiry
– How can AI be at the service of ecological intelligence?
About the Speaker
Dr. Marco Schorlemmer is a Tenured Scientist at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA-CSIC) of the Spanish National Research Council and a member of the World Community for Christian Meditation (WCCM).