Healing the Body, Healing the Mind – A Weekend of Talks, Workshops and Classes
|12 June 2021|
THIS IS A FREE EVENT!
Join a weekend of talks, workshops and classes to improve and maintain your own mental and physical wellbeing with international keynote presenters.
In this weekend of digital events (12 – 13th June) the speakers will explore the relationship between mind and body from the perspectives of contemporary science, spirituality, and traditional medicine.
Find practical methods to improve and maintain your own mental and physical wellbeing.
– THIS IS A FREE EVENT! – Any donations are welcome.
Day 1| Saturday 12 June | 10:00 – 20:30 BST
Workshops will be led by speakers who will explore the various ways to achieve mental and physical wellbeing.
10.00-11.30 BST Speaker: Geshe Tenzin Namdak
- Talk ‘Timeless Happiness. Achieving Life’s Most Important Aims. Mental and Physical Wellbeing’. Learn how to eliminate destructive emotions for a more peaceful and healthy life. READ MORE –>
13.00-14.30 BST Speaker: Jason Upton
- Workshop ‘Restoring Freedom Through the Body and Kum Nye’. Explore how the bodily impositions of lockdown may affect one’s subjective well-being and restore the balance with Tibetan Yoga. READ MORE –>
15.00-16.30 BST Speaker: Erik Jampa
- Workshop ‘The Sowa Rigpa Revolution (Tibetan Medicine, Ecology, and the Breath of Life)’. Discover Sowa Rigpa, the Tibetan Science of Healing. READ MORE –>
17:00-17:45 BST Speakers: Geshe Tenzin Namdak, Jason Upton, and Erik Jampa
- Roundtable discussion. Engage with our speakers and their talks and practices: there will be time for a Q&A. READ MORE –>
18:30 – 21:30 BST Workshop with Ven. Tenzin Chogkyi and Dr. Eve Ekman from Land of Medicine Buddha.
- Workshop ‘What’s Shame got to do with it? Exploring Shame, Contempt, and Disgust through a Contemplative Lens’. Learn about the scientific understanding of shame, contempt, guilt, and disgust and discover their impact on our lived daily experiences. READ MORE –>
Day 2 | Sunday 13 June | 16:30 – 20:30 BST
Afternoon classes will be led by expert instructors in different practices including Lu Jong yoga and Chi Kung. These sessions will be practical, and light on the body, so everyone should be able to do them.
16.30-17.30 BST Speaker: Tulku Lobsang Rinpoche
- Talk ‘Tibetan Healing Yoga’. Discover Lu Jong –Tibetan Healing Yoga, a program of body exercises adapted to Western needs, allowing everyone to balance body and mind. READ MORE –>
17.30-18.30 BST Instructor Silvia Justo Fernandez
- Class ‘Lu Jong’. Explore Lu Jong or Tibetan Healing Yoga, a series of movements based on the Vajrayana tradition and traditional Tibetan medicine. READ MORE –>
19:30 – 20:30 BST Instructor William Walker
- Class ‘Chi Kung’. Connect the body and mind through the ancient art of Chi Kung. READ MORE –>